YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Join a circle of supporters who believe in the importance of presenting world-class choral music experiences and providing exceptional music education opportunities to our singers and community.
Our valued donors…
- Bring new music to Portland, such as “Shadow & Light: an Alzheimer’s Journey,” and the music of Arvo Part
- Ensure scholarship opportunities for students to sing year-round, growing future choral enthusiasts
- Sponsor special projects, such as recording and releasing “Shadow on the Stars”
- Host guest composers and residencies, like Morten Lauridsen, and Eriks Esenvalds, who work directly with the choirs to capture the true essence of a piece
- Create enriching choir tours, most recently the Youth Choirs trip to New Orleans for the Crescent City Choral Festival, and the Adult Choirs upcoming tour to South America, which give singers the chance to see different parts of the world, share music, and grow as a group
- Decrease the general operational costs of the organization
- Provide professional development opportunities for staff, ensuring the highest level of programming consistent with industry standards
YOU can be a part of making Oregon Repertory Singers thrive!
Whether its supporting a music education program for the youngest members of the region’s choral community, or helping to make world-class music accessible to all, your gift is an important part of how Oregon Repertory Singers continues to advance its four-decade legacy.
“Oregon Repertory Singers gave me the opportunity to learn, grow, and be my best self as a musician and human. ORS is more than a choir to me, it is a community of people who come together for one simple, beautiful purpose: to make music. My time with ORS in rehearsals, at concerts, performing for local retirement communities, and going on tour to wonderful places has taught me not only to read and write music, but to have poise, patience, and compassion – lessons I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I am so grateful for the invaluable education and the strong foundation ORS has given me for my future.”
– Irie Page, Oregon Repertory Singers Youth Choir Member
“This choir has meant the world to me for 27 years. Your donations have enabled us to have concerts, incredible trips, recordings, and education for young people to learn the fundamentals of music through our youth choir program. Our concerts have featured up and coming composers who are now famous. The performances have bridged the chasm between audience and choir as we all feel the music together. One of my favorite things about this Choir is how different we are, from all walks of life, spanning three generations, and yet we become one as we sing. Performing in Estonia for Laulupidu was certainly one of the highlights of my life. ORS was one of two US choirs invited to sing with 26,000 international singers (all auditioned) on stage and 175,000 people in the audience. The sheer numbers astound, but the feeling of unity on stage was what truly resounded.”
– Melody Boyce, Oregon Repertory Singers Adult Choir Member
These memories are made possible because loyal audience members and generous donors like you believe in the power of music to enrich the lives of all.