Thank you for the constant stream of support and generosity we’ve received these past few weeks in light of the unsettling COVID-19 crisis in our state, country, and across the globe. You remind us of the community, hope, and commitment we all share in ensuring the arts remain an essential part of our city today and for all tomorrow’s still to come. We are monitoring and navigating the constantly changing headlines and government announcements regarding COVID-19 with great consideration and responsibility.
IMPORTANT UPDATES AS OF MAY 26, 2020
- South by Northwest, originally scheduled for May 2 & 3 (and later postponed to late June) is officially canceled. If you are a 2019-2020 season ticket holder or single ticket holder for South by Northwest, please complete the form below to identify how you’d like us to handle your South by Northwest ticket(s). You can choose to be refunded for your ticket purchase(s) or choose to donate the full price of your ticket(s) to ORS. Please request your refund or donate the cost of your ticket(s) no later than June 15 by completing the South by Northwest Ticketing Form.
- ORS Adult Choir will not announce or launch a 2020-2021 concert season at this time. Rehearsals for the adult program have been suspended until we can safely resume (although we are meeting regularly via Zoom to stay connected). If we can safely and responsibly produce any concerts during the 2020-2021 season, WE WILL (and you will be the first to hear about it)!
- ORS Youth Choir registration and enrollment for the 2020-2021 season is postponed until further notice. Tuition refunds for 2019-2020 youth choir families will be processed this week.
- ORS Summer Sing, a one-week summer music day camp for ages 5 – 11, scheduled for August 3 – 7, has been canceled and will not be rescheduled for 2020.
OREGON REPERTORY SINGERS UPDATES AS OF MARCH 25, 2020
- We decided to postpone the ORS concert, South by Northwest, on May 2 & 3, to ensure the health and safety of our patrons, supporters, and singers. We have also postponed the May 9 youth choir concert, They Raise Me Up. If current government restrictions are lifted, and we can responsibly and safely conduct a concert, we will soak up the opportunity to sing and share music with you. Currently, both concerts have been postponed to the last weekend in June (official dates/times still TBD).
- If you currently have tickets to any of the performances in May, single or subscription, your tickets will be honored at the postponed concert in June. We are working to identify how to best process any refund ticket(s) requests, or how you can donate the cost of your ticket(s) back to ORS, should you not be able to attend in June. Details of these options will be presented to our ticket holders as soon as we have these administrative processes in place. For now, please hold on to your tickets.
- In-person rehearsals for the adult and youth choir programs have been canceled through April 2020. We will assess the future of our rehearsal schedule in mid-April. If you are the parent of a youth choir student, tuition refunds/credits for April are currently being evaluated and you will be communicated with directly.
- The ORS adult choir has canceled its summer tour to Argentina. This was a disappointing decision to make but was necessary to protect the health of our singers. The status of the ORS youth choir tour is currently still scheduled for June. We are working with the festival organizers to continue to make the best decision for singers across the Northwest who are participating.
- The ORS administrative office has moved to working remotely to practice safe distancing. We are checking voicemail and emails regularly. For questions or concerns, please contact [email protected].